FASB Webcast and Webinar Series
IN FOCUS: FASB Accounting Standards Update on Credit Losses
Date: Thursday, July 21, 2016
Time: 1:00–2:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time
The Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) is pleased to announce its webcast providing an overview of the recently issued Accounting Standards Update (ASU) on credit losses. The webcast will cover the following topics:
- The purpose and scope of the ASU
- Key changes to the accounting for credit losses on loans and debt securities
- Transition and effective date
- Audience question-and-answer session.
Learning Objectives: At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand the key elements of the ASU on credit losses
- Broadly understand the Current Expected Credit Losses (CECL) methodology and other changes to the accounting for purchased credit deteriorated assets and available-for-sale debt securities, and
- Broadly understand the disclosure requirements, transition requirements and effective date of the ASU.
Registration: To register for this event, please use this link.
Delivery Method: Group-internet based
Program Level: Overview
Program Prerequisites: None
Advanced Preparation Needed: None
Recommended CPE: 1.0 hours; final CPE earned will be determined based on the length of participation in the program, polling questions as described in CPE Eligibility, and completion of a course survey. Credit is provided only to participants in the live broadcast of this course. Please note that credit is not provided for group viewing. Each participant must be registered separately and meet both polling and duration requirements as per NASBA.
Refund/Cancellation Policy: There is no cost for this course and there is no cancellation penalty. Participants will be notified by email as soon as possible if the course is cancelled for any reason.
Complaint Policy: To register complaints about course content or delivery method and to inquire about the timeliness and accuracy of CPE credit posting for this event, contact CPEDirector@fasb.org.
Official National Registry of CPE Sponsors' Statement
The Financial Accounting Foundation/FASB/GASB is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org
NASBA National Registry of CPE Sponsors—Sponsor License Number 107522
Texas Sponsor Number 000016