FASB Webcast and Webinar Series
IN FOCUS: FASB Update for Private Companies and Not-For-Profit Organizations
Date: Monday, December 14, 2015
Time: 1:00–2:40 p.m. Eastern Standard Time
Program Description: The Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) is pleased to announce its next semiannual webcast providing an update on the FASB’s standard-setting activities pertaining to private companies and not-for-profit (NFP) organizations. The areas covered will include:
- An overview of the FASB’s current agenda
- The FASB’s upcoming agenda consultation paper, including discussion of the Financial Performance Reporting research project
- FASB simplification projects
- Update on the Private Company Council (PCC) and other private company issues
- Not-for-profits update
- Revenue Recognition implementation activities
- Update on the Financial Instruments and Leases projects
- Business Combinations projects (Definition of a Business, Intangible Assets and Goodwill of Public Business Entities and NFPs)
- Disclosures by Business Entities about Government Assistance
- Audience question-and-answer session.
Learning Objectives: At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Obtain a general understanding of the FASB’s current agenda priorities, and list projects recently added to/removed from the FASB’s agenda
- Understand the FASB’s upcoming agenda consultation paper and its potential impact on the Board’s future agenda
- List 2-4 other FASB simplification projects
- Understand current and upcoming areas of discussion for the PCC
- Describe next steps on the FASB’s Not-For-Profit Financial Statement Project
- Understand the FASB’s efforts to ensure successful transition to the new Revenue Recognition standard
- Describe next steps on the FASB’s Financial Instruments and Leases projects
- Obtain a general understanding of the FASB’s projects on Definition of a Business, Intangible Assets and Goodwill of Public Business Entities and Not-for-Profits, and Disclosures by Business Entities about Government Assistance.
To register for this event, please use this link.
Delivery Method: Group-internet based
Program Level: Overview
Program Prerequisites: None
Advanced Preparation Needed: None
Recommended CPE and Field of Study: 2.0 hours; final CPE earned will be determined based on the length of participation in the program, polling questions as described in CPE Eligibility, and completion of a course survey. Credit is provided only to participants in the live broadcast of this course. Please note that credit is not provided for group viewing. Each participant must be registered separately and meet both polling and duration requirements as per NASBA.
Refund/Cancellation Policy: There is no cost for this course and there is no cancellation penalty. Participants will be notified by email as soon as possible if the course is cancelled for any reason.
Complaint Policy: To register complaints about course content or delivery method and to inquire about the timeliness and accuracy of CPE credit posting for this event, contact CPEDirector@fasb.org.
Official National Registry of CPE Sponsors' Statement
The Financial Accounting Foundation/FASB/GASB is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org
NASBA National Registry of CPE Sponsors—Sponsor License Number 107522
Texas Sponsor Number 000016