FASB Webcast and Webinar Series
IN FOCUS: FASB Update for Private Companies and Not-for-Profit Organizations
Date: Thursday, December 19, 2019
Time: 1:00–2:40 p.m. Eastern Standard Time
The Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) is pleased to announce its next semiannual webcast providing an update on the FASB’s standard-setting activities pertaining to private companies and not-for-profit (NFP) organizations. The areas covered will include:
- Overview of FASB’s current agenda/effective dates of major standards
- Update on revenue recognition, leases, and credit losses implementation activities
- Update on current agenda projects, including liabilities and equity, goodwill and intangible assets, and reference rate reform
- Private Company Council (PCC)/private company efforts
- Not-for-profit update
- Other FASB simplification and narrow-scope improvement projects
- Disclosure framework update
- Other recently issued standards and noteworthy ongoing projects
- Audience question-and-answer session.
Learning Objectives: At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Obtain a general understanding of the FASB’s current agenda priorities, list projects recently added to/removed from the FASB’s agenda, and upcoming effective dates of major standards
- Understand the FASB’s efforts to ensure successful transition to the new revenue recognition, leases, credit losses, and other standards
- Understand current agenda projects, including liabilities and equity, goodwill and intangible assets, and reference rate reform
- Understand current and upcoming areas of discussion for the PCC
- Understand the FASB’s current NFP-focused projects and other activities
- List 2–4 FASB simplification/narrow-scope improvement projects
- Understand the status of certain disclosure framework projects
- Obtain a general understanding of other recently issued standards and noteworthy ongoing projects.
Delivery Method: Group-internet based
Program Level: Overview
Program Prerequisites: None
Advanced Preparation Needed: None.
Recommended CPE: 2.0 hours; final CPE earned will be determined based on the length of participation in the program, polling questions as described in CPE Eligibility, and completion of a course survey. Credit is provided only to participants in the live broadcast of this course. Please note that credit is not provided for group viewing. Each participant must be registered separately and meet both polling and duration requirements as per NASBA.
Refund/Cancellation Policy: There is no cost for this course and there is no cancellation penalty. Participants will be notified by email as soon as possible if the course is cancelled for any reason.
Complaint Policy: To register complaints about course content or delivery method and to inquire about the timeliness and accuracy of CPE credit posting for this event, contact CPEDirector@fasb.org.
Official National Registry of CPE Sponsors' Statement
The Financial Accounting Foundation/FASB/GASB is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org/cpas/complaints.
NASBA National Registry of CPE Sponsors—Sponsor License Number 107522
Texas Sponsor Number 000016