Registration Opens for December 13 FASB Webcast
for Private Companies & Not-for-Profit Organizations
Participants in Live Webcast Eligible for Up to 2.5 CPE Credits
Norwalk, CT, November 8, 2021—Registration is now open for an upcoming webcast that will provide a semi-annual update on the Financial Accounting Standards Board’s (FASB) standard-setting activities pertaining to private companies and not-for-profit organizations. The webcast, titled IN FOCUS: FASB Update for Private Companies and Not-for-Profit Organizations, will take place on Monday, December 13, 2021, from 1:00 to 3:05 p.m., Eastern Standard Time.
Participants in the live broadcast (which is offered free of charge to those who preregister) will be eligible for up to 2.5 hours of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credit. (CPE credit is not available for group viewing of the live broadcast.)
The webcast will feature FASB Members FASB Members Sue Cosper and Fred Cannon, PCC Member Adam Roark; FASB Assistant Director—Nonpublic Entities Jeff Mechanick; FASB Supervising Project Managers Jenifer Wyss and Jeff Gabello; and FASB Postgraduate Technical Assistants Lea Rocco and Reagan Snyder.
Topics of discussion will include:
- Overview of FASB’s current agenda, status of certain projects, and the relationship of the FASB’s current agenda to its mission
- FASB’s Agenda Consultation research project
- Update on leases and credit losses implementation and post-implementation activities
- Current issues in financial reporting, including FASB’s COVID-19-related activities and responses to specific COVID-19-related issues raised by stakeholders such as borrower's accounting for debt restructuring and modifications, and reporting of COVID-19-related Federal assistance
- Private Company Council (PCC)/private company efforts
- NFP update
- Update on FASB current projects such as the goodwill and intangible assets project
- Audience question-and-answer session.
For more information about the webcast, visit www.fasb.org.