Registration Opens for December 14 FASB Webcast
for Private Companies & Not-for-Profit Organizations
Participants in Live Webcast Eligible for Up to 2.5 CPE Credits
Norwalk, CT, November 19, 2020—Registration is now open for an upcoming webcast that will provide a semi-annual update on the Financial Accounting Standards Board’s (FASB) standard-setting activities pertaining to private companies and not-for-profit organizations. The webcast, titled IN FOCUS: FASB Update for Private Companies and Not-for-Profit Organizations, will take place on Monday, December 14, 2020, from 1:00 to 3:05 p.m., Eastern Standard Time.
Participants in the live broadcast (which is offered free of charge to those who preregister) will be eligible for up to 2.5 hours of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credit. (CPE credit is not available for group viewing of the live broadcast.)
The webcast will feature FASB Chair Rich Jones, FASB Member Marsha Hunt, Private Company Council (PCC) Member Holly Nelson, FASB Assistant Director—Nonpublic Entities Jeff Mechanick, FASB Supervising Project Manager Jenifer Wyss, and FASB Postgraduate Technical Assistants Preston Lewis and Steven Whitman. Topics of discussion will include:
- Overview of FASB’s COVID-19-related activities
- Current issues in financial reporting, including FASB’s responses to specific COVID-19-related issues raised by stakeholders such as borrower's accounting for debt restructuring and modifications, and reporting of CARES Act funds
- Overview of FASB’s current agenda, status of certain projects, and recently issued standards
- Update on revenue recognition, leases, and credit losses implementation activities
- Update on the goodwill and intangible assets project
- Private Company Council (PCC)/private company efforts
- Not-for-profit update
- Reminder about upcoming effective dates of other standards
- Audience question-and-answer session.
For more information about the webcast, visit www.fasb.org.