Registration Opens for April 5, 2022 FASB Webcast, IN FOCUS: 2022 GAAP and SEC Reporting Taxonomy Improvements and SEC Update
Participants in Live Webcast Eligible for Up to 1.8 CPE Credits
Norwalk, CT, March 9, 2022—Registration is open for an upcoming Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) webcast IN FOCUS: 2022 GAAP and SEC Reporting Taxonomy Improvements and SEC Update. This live webcast, offered free of charge, will take place on Tuesday, April 5, 2022, from 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., Eastern Daylight Time.
Participants in the live broadcast (which is offered free of charge to those who preregister) will be eligible for up to 1.8 hours of continuing professional education (CPE) credits. (Please note that CPE credit is not available for group viewing of the live broadcast.)
Featured speakers will include Paul Munter, Acting Chief Accountant of the Office of the Chief Accountant (OCA), U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and Julie Marlowe, Assistant Director, and Jim Yu, Financial Analyst, Office of Structured Disclosure, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. In addition, members of the FASB staff will provide an update on current XBRL activities.
The discussion will include the following:
- Acting Chief Accountant Paul Munter’s remarks on the OCA’s priority on high-quality financial reporting for investors’ benefits, OCA staff’s use of XBRL data, and the importance of tagging accuracy.
- An update from the SEC Office of Structured Disclosure staff on SEC taxonomies and observations on data quality.
- Additional validation rules included in the 2022 DQC Rules Taxonomy.
- Overview of the 2022 Taxonomy, including discussion of:
- Implementation resources—New Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
- Improvements in topics for balance sheet offsetting, credit losses, taxes, and pledging and recourse.
- How XBRL Data is being used in the FASB standard-setting process.
For more information about the webcast, visit www.fasb.org.