Fireside Chat with FASB Chair, Rich Jones and PwC Vice Chair, Wes Bricker
Learn more about the digital reporting landscape as well as the implications of AI-powered tools for the analysis of financial reports and hear an update on the 2023 GAAP and SEC Reporting Taxonomy Improvements.
Norwalk, CT—April 10, 2023—The Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) will host a fireside chat on Tuesday, April 11, 2023, from approximately 1:00 – 1:30 p.m. EDT, with Rich Jones, FASB Chair and Wes Bricker, PwC – Vice Chair US/Mexico Trust Solutions Co-Leader, current chair for XBRL International Inc., and former SEC chief accountant. Registration for the webcast is free.
The conversation will highlight several interesting topics such as the Financial Data Transparency Act and its potential impact on corporate SEC registrants, the use of XBRL tagging beyond the financial statement, and how AI-powered tools may help auditors and/or investors analyze financial reports.
Additionally, the balance of the webcast, which will run until 2:30 p.m., is eligible for up to 1.8 CPE credits, and will cover:
- An update from the SEC Office of Structured Disclosure staff on SEC taxonomies and observations on data quality.
- Additional validation rules included in the 2023 DQC Rules Taxonomy.
- Proposed meta model relationships.
- Overview of the 2023 Taxonomy Releases, including discussion of:
- Implementation resources—New frequently asked questions (FAQ) related to plant, property, and equipment useful lives stated as lease terms and related parties
- Policy Election Element Relationships
- Improvements from amendments to the FASB Accounting Standards Codification.