Registration Opens for June 12 FASB Webcast
for Private Companies and Not-for-Profit Organizations
Participants in Live Webcast Eligible for Up to 2.5 CPE Credits
Norwalk, CT—April 24, 2023—Registration is now open for an upcoming webcast that will provide a semiannual update on the Financial Accounting Standards Board’s (FASB) standard-setting activities pertaining to private companies and not-for-profit organizations. The webcast, titled IN FOCUS: FASB Update for Private Companies and Not-for-Profit Organizations, will take place on Monday, June 12, 2023, from 1:00 to 3:05 p.m., Eastern Daylight Time.
Participants in the live broadcast (which is offered free of charge to those who preregister) will be eligible for up to 2.5 hours of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credit. (CPE credit is not available for group viewing of the live broadcast.)
The webcast will feature FASB Members Fred Cannon and Sue Cosper; Private Company Council (PCC) Member Katina Curtis; FASB Assistant Director Jeff Mechanick; FASB Supervising Project Managers Jenifer Wyss and Jeff Gabello; and FASB Postgraduate Technical Assistants Nathan Brown and Connor Shea.
Areas to be covered will include:
- Overview of FASB’s current agenda and status of certain projects
- Update on leases and credit losses implementation and post-implementation review activities
- Private Company Council (PCC)/private company efforts
- Overview of recently issued standards and standards to be issued soon
- Update on certain technical agenda projects, such as accounting for and disclosure of crypto assets, accounting for and disclosure of software costs, and improvements to income tax disclosures
- Update on certain research agenda projects, such as accounting for government grants
- Audience question-and-answer session.
For more information about the webcast, visit www.fasb.org.