Registration Opens for December 12 FASB Webcast for Private Companies and Not-for-Profit Organizations
Participants in Live Webcast Eligible for Up to 2.5 CPE Credits
Norwalk, CT—November 7, 2022—Registration is now open for an upcoming webcast that will provide a semiannual update on the Financial Accounting Standards Board’s (FASB) standard-setting activities pertaining to private companies and not-for-profit organizations. The webcast, titled IN FOCUS: FASB Update for Private Companies and Not-for-Profit Organizations, will take place on Monday, December 12, 2022, from 1:00 to 3:05 p.m., Eastern Standard Time.
Participants in the live broadcast (which is offered free of charge to those who preregister) will be eligible for up to 2.5 hours of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credit. (CPE credit is not available for group viewing of the live broadcast.)
The webcast will feature FASB Members Christine Botosan and Gary Buesser; Private Company Council (PCC) Member Jeremy Dillard; FASB Assistant Director Jeff Mechanick; FASB Supervising Project Managers Jenifer Wyss and Jeff Gabello; and FASB Postgraduate Technical Assistants Charley Heyd and Emerson Porter.
Areas to be covered include:
- Overview of FASB’s current agenda, status of certain projects
- Summary of the 2021 FASB Agenda Consultation Report
- Update on leases and credit losses implementation and post-implementation review activities
- Private Company Council (PCC)/private company efforts
- Not-for-profit update
- Overview of recently issued standards and standards to be issued soon
- Update on certain technical agenda projects, such as accounting for and disclosure of crypto assets and disaggregation—income statement expenses
- Update on certain research agenda projects
- Audience question-and-answer session.
For more information about the webcast, visit www.fasb.org.