Registration Opens for December 11 FASB Webcast
for Private Companies and Not-for-Profit Organizations
Norwalk, CT—November 9, 2023—Registration is now open for an upcoming webcast that will provide a semiannual update on the Financial Accounting Standards Board’s (FASB) standard-setting activities pertaining to private companies and not-for-profit organizations. The webcast, titled IN FOCUS: FASB Update for Private Companies and Not-for-Profit Organizations, will take place on Monday, December 11, 2023, from 1:00 to 3:05 p.m., Eastern Standard Time.
Participants in the live broadcast (which is offered free of charge to those who preregister) will be eligible for up to 2.5 hours of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credit. (CPE credit is not available for group viewing of the live broadcast.)
The webcast will feature FASB Vice Chairman Member Jim Kroeker and FASB Member Joyce Joseph, PCC Member Michael Minnis, FASB Assistant Director—Nonpublic Entities Jeff Mechanick, FASB Supervising Project Managers Jeff Gabello and Jenifer Wyss, and FASB Postgraduate Technical Assistants Sonja Kuranz and Samuel Yang.
Areas to be covered include:
- Overview of FASB’s current agenda, status of certain projects
- Update on leases, revenue recognition, and credit losses implementation, and post-implementation review activities
- Recent discussions of the FASB’s Not-for-Profit Advisory Committee (NAC)
- Private Company Council (PCC)/private company efforts
- Overview of recently issued standards and standards to be issued in the near term, such as disclosure improvements in response to the SEC's release on disclosure update and simplification, accounting for and disclosure of crypto assets, and improvements to income tax disclosures
- Update on certain projects, such as the accounting for and disclosure of software costs, accounting for government grants, and accounting for environmental credit programs
- Audience question-and-answer session.
For more information about the webcast, visit www.fasb.org.