PUBLIC REVIEW AND COMMENTThe Development SEC Reporting Taxonomy (Development SRT) is the FASB's working taxonomy that contains SEC requirements for financial schedules required by the SEC, condensed consolidating financial information for guarantors, disclosures about oil and gas producing activities, and dimensional elements whose underlying recognition and measurement is not specified by GAAP. The Development SRT includes proposed improvements since the last release.
We encourage all interested parties to review and comment on the ‘Development SRT’. To encourage feedback, the FASB Taxonomy Online Review and Comment System (TORCS) is operational throughout the year. All comments are tracked and reviewed for potential inclusion in a subsequent taxonomy release. All comments are acknowledged when received but it is not possible to respond directly to individual comments. We have included guidance for using the taxonomy viewer/commenting tool.
Guidelines for Providing CommentsIndividuals providing comments on the taxonomies are required to register with a “user name” and email address. Please note that all comments will be visible to other registered users. In order to process comments, commentators should (1) describe the issue clearly, (2) provide examples and/or frequency of occurrence, and (3) provide a recommendation.
Please note: Individuals submitting more than 10 comments related to the same issue should not use this system as it delays the processing of the comments. Individuals who wish to provide more than 10 comments related to the same issue should send them directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Improvements in the Development SRT are identified by a Change Note (CN). The CN identifies the taxonomy version of the improvement in the Taxonomy Version part (cn-part: TaxonomyVersion). For example, “2022,” refers to an improvement made in connection with the 2022 SRT and identifies the nature of the improvement with the following (parts have added spaces in this document to assist in readability):
- Taxonomy Version: identifies in which version of the Taxonomy the improvement was made.
- Modified References: identifies by value of true that the improvement applies to a reference.
- Modified Labels: identifies whether the improvement applies to a Standard, Period Start, Period End, or Total label.
- Source: identifies the source of the improvement (e.g. regulatory update).
- Source Name: identifies the regulatory source of the improvement (e.g. SEC).
- New Element: identifies by value of true that the improvement is because of the addition of an element.
- Modified Documentation: identifies by value of true that the improvement applies to a documentation label (definition).
- Previous Documentation: identifies the previous documentation label when the improvement applies to a documentation label (definition).
- Deprecated Label: identifies the reason for the deprecation and possible replacement elements, if applicable.
- Element Deprecated: identifies by value of true that the improvement applies to deprecation of an element.
- Modified Deprecated Label: identifies by value of true that the improvement applies to a change in a deprecation label.
- Modified Balance Type: identifies by value of true that the improvement applies to a balance type
THE TAXONOMIES AND SUPPORTING MATERIALS PROVIDED THROUGH THESE LINKS ARE FOR REVIEW PURPOSES ONLY AND ARE NOT TO BE USED OR RELIED UPON FOR ANY PURPOSES OTHER THAN FOR THIS REVIEW AND COMMENT. YOUR USE OF THE TAXONOMIES FOR THESE PURPOSES SHALL BE SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS LOCATED AT THE INITIAL LINK TO THE TAXONOMIES.